Xavier Le Sourne at ASIFMA China Capital Markets Conference
| Conferences and seminars - Luxembourg
Partner Xavier Le Sourne was a panellist at the ASIFMA 9th China Capital Markets Conference on 29th November in Hong Kong.
Xavier’s panel concentrated on the evolution of financial centres in greater China. More specifically on the following points:
- How will Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai evolve in coming years? What can we make of Shanghai Stock Exchange launching a centre in Guangzhou?
- How and to what extent will these centres complement and/or compete with one another? What overarching national strategy is at play?
- How will China’s Greater Bay Area initiative drive or impact this dynamic and these centres? How will the Greater Bay Area initiative evolve over time?
- What can we expect of London-Shanghai and other new ‘Connect’ schemes? What do they mean for other centres? Will we see a London Bond Connect?
- Are Chinese banks competitive enough outside their domestic market to significantly penetrate other markets and challenge foreign incumbents?