Silicon Valley-based Accelerator Founder Institute graduates 10 Start-up companies in Luxembourg
Posted - 13.06.2019
| Firm announcements Social commitment
On the 13th of June the Luxembourg chapter of the Founder Institute, the world’s premier idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program, held its Demo Day presenting the first 10 graduates of its accelerator programme. The 10 start-up companies are active in multiple industries such as Artificial Intelligence, Aviation, Cyber Security, Education, FinTech, Human Resources, Legal, Real Estate, Social, Travel & Tourism and more.
The Founder Institute is an extremely challenging start-up accelerator programme, where graduating is a significant achievement. In fact, less than 30% of all applicants were accepted to the programme in Luxembourg and less than 30% of those made it through. The Luxembourg chapter of the Founder Institute was launched on the 12th February together with Elvinger Hoss Prussen and other partners.
The graduation ceremony was held at our firm hosted by Partners Karl Pardaens and Gary Cywie. ”We were proud to support this initiative and will for sure follow the new start-ups in their future development” said Karl Pardaens. Gary Cywie added “The people behind these start-ups are experts in their respective fields and as lawyers our firm can give them very valuable advice on regulations and how to structure their businesses”.
The graduate companies from the Luxembourg programme are:
- ChefPassport is a web and mobile application to connect cooking lovers with local cooks and chefs around the world to deliver live streaming private cooking classes.
- Concio helps travellers save time by gathering personalised travel activities and enabling them to book all of them with a single click/tap.
- Cryptic is a platform to help IT Security Officers manage their digital keys, which includes monitor and audit of the usage.
- Hitblu is a universal air charter search platform facilitating private jet booking worldwide.
- Groundfeet is a crowd lending platform that empowers small social investors in selecting social and environmental impact projects by measuring the impact and providing due diligence to them.
- Legal Finder provides a booking platform to help clients find lawyers in a couple of minutes with all the relevant information given, including other clients recommendations. It also helps lawyers attract new clients online.
- RealtyImpact is a network and online marketplace that helps clients bring the highest design quality, sustainability and social value into their construction projects by quickly and conveniently connecting them to the most talented architects and engineers and qualified builders who best fit their project needs.
- Rejustify helps economists and financial analysts to get and merge data from multiple sources in a few clicks. It saves 75% of the analyst's time and reduces errors.
- Tallocate is an online talent management & sharing platform for companies to source, engage and hire qualified specialists faster.
- Working Princess is a community to help working mothers to achieve their work-life-balance by using a platform. It also makes a bridge between the companies looking for the best talent fit and the working women who are looking for alternative working cultures.
We congratulate all 10 companies for their admirable achievement.
Many of the world’s fastest-growing start-ups have used the Founder Institute to transition from employee to entrepreneur, test their start-up ideas, build a team, get their first customers and raise funding.
To learn more about the Founder Institute please visit their website.