Our real estate and property practice focuses on international acquisitions and disposals as well as local development projects in Luxembourg. We offer guidance for most types of real estate, including offices, retail, warehousing, residential, infrastructure and hotels.
Our services include:
- Due diligence
- Negotiating and drafting: purchase agreements (asset or share deal); professional, commercial and residential leases; co-ownership regulations; sale and lease-back agreements; financing agreements with shareholders or third parties; and property management and other service agreements
- Legal structuring of acquisitions and disposals, and rights of property (long leases, surface rights, division of property)
- Acting as interface with technical experts (such as accounting and tax advisers)
- Liaising with public authorities in relation to building permits, ‘commodo-incommodo’ authorisations that set out development and operating conditions, development plans and other administrative authorisations
- Real estate, property and construction litigation
Our dedicated teams can advise on every legal aspect of development and construction.
Advice is available on all aspects of Luxembourg tax relating to real estate transactions (such as income and wealth taxes, withholding tax on profit repatriations, real estate transfer tax, VAT and transfer pricing).
We can guide you on the tax implications of using regulated or unregulated Luxembourg investment vehicles. Our team also has a strong track record in international property transactions, providing tax guidance to many of the largest participants within the global real estate industry.
Core practice groups
We are recognised by the market as a leading provider of legal services to Luxembourg investment funds, their promoters and service providers.
We cover these sectors to provide continuity of service and to build stronger relationships over time.
We offer an extensive litigation practice covering a large range of areas such as corporate, commercial and civil litigation.
We assist our clients on all aspects of taxation, including especially the creation of tailor-made investments structures.