T. +352 446644 2144Send an email
Katrien Veranneman advises in particular financial sector companies on regulatory matters, including licensing and approvals, bank secrecy, anti-money laundering legislation, sanctions, as well as on compliance matters. She is a European Union law expert and is also specialised in competition law, state aid and EU litigation matters.
Career and memberships
Prior to joining the firm, Katrien worked as référendaire (legal secretary) at the General Court of the European Union for twelve years.
Before that, she practiced EU law and competition law with an international law firm in Brussels and London for five years, and was a Foreign Associate with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar in 2016.
Licentie in de Rechten from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium).
Master’s degree in European law from the College of Europe (Belgium).
LLM degree from the Law School at Northwestern University (USA).
Certificate in business administration from Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
- Le secret bancaire, un risque pénal toujours d'actualité
- La sanction d’infractions d’abus de position dominante à l’aune de l’affaire Post Luxembourg
- Dominance 2019 - Luxembourg
- Dominance 2018 - Luxembourg
- Merger Control 2017 - Luxembourg
- The Luxembourg RBO Law one year on : some key questions are still pending