T. +352 446644 5311Send an email
Philippe Hoss’s principal fields of activity are mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, banking and finance.
Philippe authored the first published English translation of the Law of 10 August 1915 on commercial companies and of all subsequent updates thereof.
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen advised Odyssey Acquisition S.A. on its Planned €1.5 Billion Business Combination with BenevolentAI Limited
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen advises Volkswagen on the planned acquisition of Europcar
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen advised Alussa Energy on its $1.4 Billion de-SPAC Transaction with FREYR AS
- Stryker Corporation acquires Wright Medical Group N.V. for $5.4 billion
- Batipart acquired a pan-European real estate asset portfolio for an amount of more than € 500 million under the Leroy Merlin and Bricoman brand.
Career and memberships
Member of the working group of the Commission d’Etudes Législatives at the Ministry of Justice in charge of the reform of Luxembourg Company Law.
Lecturer on various business and financial law matters at the University of Luxembourg.
Lecturer on company law as part of the course for admission to the Luxembourg Bar.
Visiting lecturer on takeover law at Miami University and Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio.
Member of various working groups set up by the CSSF (Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier).
Member of the Board of Directors of the ILA (Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs) from 2010 to 2022.
Assistant with Slaughter and May (London) in 1987-1988.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar since 1987.
Member of the Board of Trustees of ERA (Academy of European Law).
DEA (diplôme d’études approfondies) in business law from the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France).
Maîtrise en droit from the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (France).