Xavier Le Sourne
T. +352 446644 5270Send an email
Xavier Le Sourne’s practice concentrates on investment fund structuring and collective asset management. He advises a number of regulated or non-regulated financial institutions in relation to the set-up of their Luxembourg investment funds or acquisition structures.
More particularly, Xavier advises private equity, venture capital firms and real estate sponsors willing to expand their presence in Europe.
Xavier headed our Hong Kong office as resident partner between September 2015 and June 2022.
Xavier is listed in Who’s Who Legal, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners Global and in IFLR1000.
- NREP enters real estate credit market
- Altamar Capital Partners elected "Fund of Funds Manager of the Year in EMEA"
- TR Capital IV – Cayman-Luxembourg parallel AIF
- Baring Private Equity Asia Limited – first Luxembourg special limited partnership
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen assisted BPEA in setting up its 2nd Real Estate Fund
Career and memberships
Member of the LPEA (Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association).
Co-Chair of the LPEA’s Legal Committee between 2012 and 2015.
Member of the Real Estate Investment Funds Publications working group, the Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds sub-committee and the Hong Kong sub-committee of ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry).
Member of the Regulatory Sub-Committee of the HKIFA (Hong Kong Investment Funds Association).
Foreign Registered Lawyer with the Law Society of Hong Kong since 2015.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar since 2005.
LLM in corporate law from the Universität Bayreuth (Germany).
Maîtrise en droit from the Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV (France).
- Luxembourg as a gateway to the global investment fund industry / 中国资管经理在卢森堡设立基金的优势 —— 相较于其他离岸司法管辖区设立基金的条件分析
- La délégation des fonctions de gestion et de dépositaire dans les fonds d’investissement - analyse juridique et fiscale
- Investment Funds 2013 - Luxembourg
- The EuVECA Label - New Opportunities ahead for Venture Capital and Luxembourg
- The Special Limited Partnership