Xavier Le Sourne’s practice concentrates on collective asset management and investment funds. He advises a number of investment fund promoters and other financial institutions in relation to the set-up and structuring of their Luxembourg investment fund operations.
More particularly, Xavier advises private equity firms dealing with any asset classes, including equity or debt financing and real estate sponsors following, core, value add or opportunistic strategies.
In September 2015, Xavier relocated to our Hong Kong office as resident partner.
- Altamar Capital Partners elected "Fund of Funds Manager of the Year in EMEA"
- TR Capital IV – Cayman-Luxembourg parallel AIF
- Baring Private Equity Asia Limited – first Luxembourg special limited partnership
- Elvinger Hoss Prussen assisted BPEA in setting up its 2nd Real Estate Fund
- Ion Pacific Investment Management Ltd - Cayman-Luxembourg parallel AIF
Career and memberships
Member of the LPEA (Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association).
Co-Chair of the LPEA’s Legal Committee between 2012 and 2015.
Member of the Real Estate Investment Funds Publications working group, the Private Equity and Venture Capital Funds sub-committee and the Hong Kong sub-committee of ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry).
Member of the Regulatory Sub-Committee of the HKIFA (Hong Kong Investment Funds Association).
Foreign Registered Lawyer with the Law Society of Hong Kong since 2015.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar since 2005.
LLM in corporate law from the Universität Bayreuth (Germany).
Maîtrise en droit from the Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV (France).